So here's another (small) update on the arduino trip computer project.
I keep running into issues with the arduino OBD-2 library (well, actually it's an ELM327 library) that require me to make modifications to it.
So firstly I've added support for spaces in ELM327 responses and added a couple of init-commands to the library, as I stated on the project page, which are specific to my car (a 2000 Peugeot 306 HDi if you're wondering).
I've also committed another one of these modifications to GitHub last week which involved setting the amount of expected responses to speed up communication.
After running in to some more issues, which I will not go into detail about as it's caused me some grey hairs and very short finger nails over the last couple of days, I've decided to scrap the library and write my own.
This is, of course, a project in of itself but I do beleive it's worth it in the end to build something that is fast, easy to use and, most importantly, extensible.
I'll post a (very) crude version of my go at a ELM327 library to my GitHub somewhere next week.
Don't expect too much yet, as I've got a somewhat busy schedule with the social stuff surrounding easter this sunday/monday and having to replace the injectors on the car (which I'll try to film/write something about aswell).